This policy applies to staff, contractors, interns, and certain volunteers of The Arc as determined by the immediate supervisor.
What to do if you receive a bomb threat over the telephone:
Immediately make a mental note or physical note of the following to assist the police:
- Male or female? Young or old? (try to guess age range)
- The type of accent (if any), (slurred voice, etc.?)
- Make note of the time of the call
- Make note of the exact words if possible
- Make note of background noises, such as a highway, busses, truck horns, train passing or whistle, cafe’ or restaurant, playground, etc.
Immediately alert management & follow The Arc’s Emergency Procedures