Confidential files are to be stored in locked file cabinets and computerized records are to have limited user access.
Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information may lead to disciplinary action including immediate termination.
Confidential information and records include, but are not limited to:
- payroll records and information regarding salary and wages
- personnel records
- litigations pending or in process
- employee medical records including medical benefit claims
- evaluations and performance improvement plans
- any information about anyone served by The Arc without a signed release of information giving permission to disclose specific information
Inquiries from attorneys, the media, or outside agencies regarding employees or confidential information shall be referred to The Arc Executive Director immediately.